Thursday, July 3, 2014

Today, I completed a shell from Simplicity #4748.  I made it from a weird piece of fabric I had that was printed with cursive writing with the grain instead of across the grain.  I laid the fabric pieces cross-wise and made sure that there was plenty of ease in the garment.  It was pretty quick to whip up and I just might have enough to make a skirt.  I'm working on that.  Here's a couple of pictures so you can see how it turned out.

The sleeves have slits at the top of them that you can't really see in the pictures.  I haven't decided whether I like that feature or not.

Tomorrow is the 4th, obviously.  Around here, it gets crazy because of the Corbett Fun Festival.  It starts at about 7:30 AM and runs until about midnight.  We live behind the school and the school is ground zero for all of the festivities.  It's a long day for us because our quiet existence gets turned on its head for 18 hours or so.  We've got a system to provide access to our place without destroying it so we're in pretty good shape.

Happy Independence Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment